The School of Advanced Study, University of London aims to make its courses, events and other services, facilities and resources accessible to disabled students and visitors wherever possible.If you are experiencing difficulty in viewing or obtaining information from this website please email us, giving details of the information required.
Conformance to industry standards
Useful links and resources
This site has been developed to ensure content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. Features employed in this site to make information more accessible are:
- The pages on this website are all printer-friendly
- This site uses CSS for visual layout. For optimal viewing, it is recommended that you use a browser with CSS2 support. If your browser or browsing device does not support style-sheets, the content of each page will still be readable.
- All text uses relative font sizes so text can be enlarged or reduced using the text size options available in visual browsers.
- All informational images contain an ALT tag and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
Changing the Text Size on your Browser:
If you wish to increase the size of fonts on this (and other) sites, use the following instructions for popular web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 5.x and above- select View | Text Size from the browser's menu bar. You can also select Tools | Internet Options | Accessibility | Ignore fonts.
- Netscape 4.x - select View | Increase or Decrease Font from the browser's menu bar or press the Control key and the [ key together
- Opera - press the + or - (minus) key on your number pad.
Conformance to Industry Standards
Standards compliance is an integral part of creating functional and accessible websites. As a result, the pages on this site adhere to the following standards:
- This site follows complies as far possible with the recognised Web content Accessibility standards set by the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative and CAST.
- We aspire to ensure that all pages are level A compliant which means that no users should find it impossible to access their content, and the majority of check points meet level AA.
You may need to use plug-in applications in order to access or download some files on this site. Here is a list of applications and links to free downloads.
- Documents followed with [PDF] are in PDF (Portable Document Format). Before you can read them you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded free from the Adobe website.
- Documents followed with [Word] are in DOC format (Microsoft Word) and can be opened with Microsoft WORD viewer.
- Documents followed with [PPT] are in PPT (Microsoft PowerPoint) and can be opened with Microsoft PowerPoint viewer.
- Email addresses will open in your email client.
External links which will take you away from this website are followed with the icon .
Useful Links and Resources